Mumbai (Daily Pakistan Online) Indian Premier League franchise Chennai Super Kings captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has made an important announcement regarding his retirement. MS Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings lifted the IPL trophy for the fifth time after defeating Gujarat Titans by 5 wickets in the final on Monday.

However, speaking to host Harsha Bhogle after the match, Dhoni said that it would be easy and good to announce his retirement at this time, but he wants to train for the next 9 months and is keen to play next season as a 'gift' to the fans. Dhoni said to Harsha Bhogle's hushed question, 'Are you looking for an answer? As you can see under the circumstances this is the best time for me to announce my retirement'.

MS Dhoni said 'But wherever I have been this year, as much love and affection as I have received from people, I think it will be easy for me to say thank you to them while the next 9 months of hard work, training, at least for them. It will be difficult to play another IPL year," he added. "It all depends on my physical health but it will be a gift from me to the fans that I will play another IPL season for them. It's not easy for me but it will be a gift for my fans.'